Almond Flour Brownies
Decadent, rich almond flour brownies (gf)
I've been having a lot of fun testing out recipes using almond flour instead of traditional baking flour. It makes for a chewy, fudgy consistency for brownies and it is gluten free for those who have sensitivities to gluten. They're seriously SO good and taste just like a classic fudgy brownie...yes please!
Pro tip: wait until brownies are cooled before cutting if you can resist... I got too excited and dug right in.
5 Tbsp melted butter
1 3/4 cups sugar (can be substituted with coconut sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" square pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together melted butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder, and eggs.
3. Stir in almond flour and baking powder.
4. Pour batter into the greased pan and spread to the edges.
5. Bake the brownies for 33-38 minutes until the top is set. You can test the batter by sticking a toothpick in the middle as it should come out clean.
6. Remove brownies from the oven and cool them for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Once the brownies are cooled, cut evenly into squares.
Optional: Sprinkle with kosher salt or powdered sugar