Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Soft cinnamon sugar donuts brushed with butter and coated in a delicious cinnamon sugar topping
Who doesn't love a classic cinnamon sugar donut? I was so excited to finally find a donut pan to test out some homemade donuts. These cinnamon sugar donuts are baked in donut pan instead of fried which leads to a cake like consistency. They're incredible moist since they are brushed with melted butter before being dipped in a cinnamon sugar topping.
Here is the baking pan I used and this recipe perfectly makes 6 donuts.
3/4 cup flour (you can substituted for a gluten free 1:1 flour)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar (can be substituted for coconut sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup buttermilk (*see note below for substitution)
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
3. Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Spoon batter into a ziploc bag and snip the corner of the bag. Squeeze the batter evenly into the greased donut pan.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before gently flipping onto a cooling rack. While still warm, brush melted butter over each donut one at a time and dip into the cinnamon sugar topping until well coated.
* If you don't have buttermilk you can make it by adding 1tsp white vinegar or lemon juice to 1/3 cup of milk and letting this sit for about 5 minutes.