Vegan Raspberry Coconut Cheesecake Bars
These no bake creamy bars are gluten free and vegan.
One of my favorite non-dairy treats has been the chocolate chip cookie dough bars and these raspberry coconut bars made from soaked cashews and coconut milk are just as delicious! I was inspired to make a version of my own with tart raspberries, creamy coconut, and a cookie base that adds a touch of sweetness.
Sweetened with pure maple syrup, these raspberry coconut bars are a guilt-less treat to indulge in. They're also gluten free and vegan for those who have dietary preferences or want to avoid dairy. Make sure to use gluten free oat flour if you're sensitive to gluten. Did I mention these are no-bake?!
1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked and rinsed (soak cashews for a minimum of 2 hours)
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 cup raspberries
1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup cashew butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1. Once your cashews are soaked, drain and rise the cashews. Place soaked cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut extract into a blender. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Place mixture in the fridge to cool while you make the cookie base.
2. In a large bowl combine cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, oat flour, almond flour and almond milk. If mixture is too thick, you can add a splash of almond milk.
3. Grease an 8x8 pan with coconut oil and press your cookie mixture into the pan in an even layer. Remove your blended creamy mixture from the refrigerator and pour evenly over the cookie base.
4. Gently push the raspberries into the creamy layer. Make sure your raspberries are washed and rinsed. Raspberries should be completely dry before placing into the creamy layer.
5. Optional: Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of the raspberry coconut bars.
6. Place the bars in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
7. Cut into bars and store in the freezer.